Due to the migration of data to the new MDE web page, the information found on the Blue Column of this page can now be found by clicking here on the "Other Resources" link.
NEW PROPOSED CONTROLLED HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE (CHS) NOTIFICATION REGULATIONS
MDE held a public workshop on November 10, 2009 at MDE's headquarters at 1800 Washington Boulevard, Baltimore, Maryland to discuss the proposed Controlled Hazardous Substance (CHS) notification regulations. The proposed regulations were published in the Maryland Register on October 23, 2009. In addition to the public work shop, MDE is posting the following documents for public availability:
1. A copy of the proposed Controlled Hazardous Substance (CHS) notification regulations;
2. A CHS Notification fact sheet;
3. A"Questions and Answers" document;
4. A copy of the letter sent to numerous state wide organizations announcing both the proposed regulations and the workshop; and
5. A copy of the CHS Notification form.
The MDE Updated Cleanup Standards for Soil and Groundwater (Update No. 2.1, Revised June 2008) are located on the blue column to the right, were revised in June 2008, to incorporate SMCL's for Iron, Aluminum, Silver, Manganese and Zinc. Additionally, dermal contact exposure parameters were revised to more clearly define revisions as presented in RAGs part E.
What is Vapor Intrusion? How is it identified? How can it be mitigated? Click here to view the informational Vapor Intrusion Guidance Factsheet. View the Brownfields and Vapor Intrusion Seminar presentation from August 7, 2008.